Friday, October 9, 2009

Canadian Thanksgiving...

In honour of Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday October 12th, I came across this tidbit this week and wanted to share it with you....

Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors.

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity - most of it centering around hosting overnight visitors in our home who range from family and close friends to business meetings.

In the midst of all the coming and going, changing of beds, vacuuming up hair from Gus, the Big White Dog, and meal planning I'm so thankful for my husband. He always seems to know just when I need a word of encouragement or a helping hand. He's understands me like no one else and there is such relief and comfort in being able to rely on him in times of wavy seas. He helps me see the big picture and not get bogged down with the little things.

So after 23 precious years I'm very thankful to the Lord for bringing our lives together. He's the one who helped us navigate through the difficult waters of life as well as to ride the waves!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Jessica



Be thankful unto him and bless his name.
Psalm 100:4b

No comments: