Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year to Everybody! Snow is everywhere here and all kinds of snowmen are popping up in our neighbourhood. Our holidays were filled with shopping, parties, warm visits with family and friends, and simple quiet times. I also enjoyed fun visits with our neighbours while delivering their annual holiday treats.

This year I put together gift bags with Christmas tins containing Puppy Chow (a delicious snack made with Shreddies/Chex cereal, chocolate and peanut butter) and decorated jars with Double Chocolate Cookie Mixes. I also slipped in special recipe cards for those treats and our Christmas photo of Gus, the Big White Dog. I've mentioned them before but we really do have great neighbours -- we all look out for one another while still minding our own business, a perfect combination.

So today I'd like to start off with a quote that came across my path the other day. It keeps coming to mind (which is probably a good thing) and has helped make a difference in my life. Perhaps it will in yours.

Be not angry that you cannot make others
as you wish them to be,

since you cannot make yourself
as you wish to be -

Thomas a Kempis


Blessings,
Jessica



2 comments:

Daisy said...

That quote is for me isn't it, yup, I knew it!..lol
That one's goin' on my fridge!
Thanks

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

Just found your blog! Look forward to seeing what you post. :) I'm from Canada as well!