Saturday, January 16, 2010

Coffee Break!

If you're an avid cook or baker there's one place in town that you just have to visit. It's the restaurant supply store. A few years ago I was looking for a Bunn style coffee maker and heard that the restaurant store had some used models for sale. So we took a drive over to check them out.

What an awesome place. You know how kids like the candy store? That's how I feel when I visit the restaurant store. They have the neatest things.

I remembered the first time I went, they had these really large rubber spatulas. It was all one piece so the spatula part wouldn't work its way off at a crucial time! So since the old ones I had were finally
tearing apart I asked my husband to pick me a new one up as a Christmas present.

Well, in case you didn't already know, I have an extremely thoughtful husband. Not only did he buy me a spatula, he bought me two. Yay! But what I really want to tell you about today is the other thing he bought me at the awesome restaurant store. (Did I tell you this store is cool?)

Because my baking sheets were pretty much black from over 20 years of usage, I thought it might be time to get some new ones. So while he was shopping he bought me a giant baking sheet like they have at the bakeries. But the salesman didn't let him stop there. He told him about the new teflon baking sheets. It's just what it says. It's a flexible sheet of teflon that you place on the baking sheet (instead of parchment paper). Anything you cook on it will NOT stick. After removing your items, just wash it off, it's even dishwasher safe! So hubby bought me a sheet to go with the new pan.

Here it is...


I tried barbecue ribs for my first experiment, they always leave a stuck-on mess...



Yep, that's what always happens, black, burnt sauce that I have to scrub and scrub off...




But not this time... look closely at the burnt sauce.. I just lifted it up with a fork. I served the ribs and wiped away the sauce. Awesome!



The sauce did not leak through the teflon sheeting so my pan is as good as new!


Run, don't walk to your nearest restaurant supply store. Buy yourself a sheet and see for yourself. You won't regret it. By the way, this sheet will last for over 6,000 uses. Let's just say....that's a long time.

So remember, the moral of the story is, less time scrubbing, more time doing FUN stuff!

Blessings to you,
Jessica

2 comments:

Susan said...

What a neat thing to have! And to add to your "moral of the story" ... send your husband to the supply store! Mine is more likely to buy me things I wouldn't buy for myself. :)

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

We have a grocery story/restaurant supply store right around the corner from our house and it requires a lot of self-control not to buy everything from there!!! :)