Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Potential

Last week my husband and I took a few days off from our regular routine to relax. On one of our ventures out we stopped at our nearby garden centre which happened to be having a great sale on end of the season plants - 75% off!

As I combed the isles looking for likely prospects to add to my already over-imaginative secret garden, I saw dozens of clematis plants standing side by side just waiting to be purchased by a 'bleeding heart' - all for the low price of $2.44 each! My natural instinct was to gather them all up in my cart and bring them home but then I remembered there wasn't enough room in my wallet to do so.

I continued down the isles and just as I was about to leave (with a BIG sigh), this beauty caught my eye...



The rose fragrance is so delightful and sweet and the blossoms remind me of a young couple in love.



But what caught my eye the most about this rose was the fact that it was a tree! I had never seen a Tree Rose before. Since it's been at the nursery it hasn't been cared for and encouraged like it will be here at home, its leaves are a bit sparse.




But now that it's here, I'm really looking forward to helping it reaching its full potential.



My question today is,
"Do you see the potential in you?"

Our wonderful heavenly Father does, so why not ask him to help you see what He does?

Blessings,
Jessica

1 comment:

Carla said...

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think I forget I already look like this on the inside, which my Father sees and encourages. And later, I will look like this on the outside also.:)