Thursday, January 10, 2008

Show & Tell Friday - A Special Clock



Welcome to “Show and Tell Fridays!” Please stop by Kelli's House where you'll be able to see lots of treasures.

Today I'd like to share with you a very special clock which was crafted by my husband's Uncle Ronnie. Before he retired, Uncle Ronnie fished all his life at sea for lobster and a few years ago we had the privilege of living near this dear uncle and his wife. I must say I loved living near the sea, but that's another long story. One day Uncle Ronnie presented me with this beautiful clock that he had made in his workshop. I was so thrilled that he would think to share his wonderful talent with me.

For several weeks I thought about how I should decorate this special gift. I dug through patterns and finally decided on the one you see here. I painted a deep green background and then did the trim in metallic gold.

Afterwards, I brushed on a few small flowers at the top and bottom of the hour and added a few squigglies.

This has been one of my favorite projects to paint. I really appreciate things that tell a story and I'll forever be grateful to Uncle Ronnie for sharing his wonderful woodwork with me. Now I don't ever just see what time it is, I see a life that cares about others. Thank you for taking the time visit with me.

Blessings,
Jessica

19 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

OMGoodness!!! This is truly a work of art. And I love how you have everything sitting near it---just the perfect touch.

Great Show N Tell

maryt/theteach said...

Well done! The colors are gorgeous...my favorites! You are talented!

Kathi said...

What a lovely clock. Nice Show N Tell. Your cookies must taste wonderful too. I will try your recipe.

Kathi

Anonymous said...

I love what you said about seeing not just a clock but a life that cares. To me that's what makes the "things" that others give us so much more special. It's a lovely clock and you did a beautiful job decorating it.

Susan said...

This is lovely. You surely did a good job of decorating it. I love the choice of the dark green.
Susan

Jennwith4 said...

How beautiful! You did a great job with the clock!

~~Deby said...

This is beautiful. You really have done a great job painting it...a treasure forever.
Deby

Anonymous said...

What a special gift to you. You did a sweet job of decorating it. I want to hear your story about living by the sea!

Kathy b

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful clock. I love clocks!

nannykim said...

That came out so nicely!! like it!

ellen b. said...

What a great clock. you did a wonderful job decorating it! Enjoy...

Tom said...

How beautiful! Nice painting job.

Anonymous said...

Your artwork is wonderful. I love the story. Thank you for sharing!
-Cookie

Dalyn said...

Darling clock- but the brownies below this entry are making me crazy! My daughter too! She insists we must make them!

nancy said...

This is a very nice S&T. Your painting is really nice. It doesn't look like "one stroke". Is there a name for the style of painting? Or are you just a really good artist who knows how to do these things?
thanks for sharing
Nancy

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful clock your Uncle Ronnie made. I love how you have painted it too, such a pretty object. Thanks for sharing.
☆*´Sarah`*☆

Mommy said...

That sure is a pretty clock. I would love to know someone who can work with wood, lol!

Beautful paint job on it too. ;-)

Cjdusse said...

well done! You have painted it beautifully.

Julieann said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it:)

Julieann