Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Fun Garden Idea!

Last summer this interesting article about tipsy pots really caught my eye. So last week, with instructions in hand and all the necessary supplies, I headed to the backyard begin my project.

In the corner of our yard is a low spot that is often water-logged and everything I've tried to plant has not survived there. I was so glad when hubby suggested that would be a great location for our new planter.


After pounding in the rebar with a hammer to the proper depth, it was time to thread on the first clay pot. I filled it with soil and then threaded the second one, filling it with soil.


I kept going until all the pots were securely in place.






Then it was time to add the flowers, mini petunias...



mini pansies...


large, showy pansies...


and beautiful bacopa.



Now, on a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate this as a 2 for difficulty (just because I had to pound in the rebar :-) and needed a break with a glass of iced tea.


So, if you're looking for something new and easy to add to your garden, don't be afraid to try this project. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the results.






Cheers,
Jessica

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I love it!!!! Gorgeous!