Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He's Listening!

I had an unusual surprise the other day. It all started two weeks ago when, at a meeting, the subject of a lobster dinner came up (they're pretty common in our region). In response I mentioned how I had been craving lobster lately, which was a rather odd thing for me. I love lobster but I can't remember ever having a bonafide craving for it.

This was on a Tuesday. On Friday I received a phone call from a friend of mine and her husband asking if they could stop by for a few minutes. I am always up for company so of course I invited them to come on by.

Upon arrival my husband and I were handed four of these wonderful treats!


Cooked lobster - all for us to enjoy in honor of our upcoming wedding annniversary. What a feast we had! Lobster Newburg and enough left over to just dip in melted butter. Mmmm - mmmm good. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am spoiled!

What wonderful, thoughtful friends we have. Always thinking of how to be a blessing to others. And it's not just with us but they're like that with everyone. They truly have a servant's heart.

But the thing that blessed me the most was how my heavenly Father heard my little comment and then delivered my heart's desire right to my front door!

James 1:17
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.


Blessings,
Jessica



1 comment:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

what a wonderful surprise! happy upcoming anniversary!