Monday, July 27, 2009

A Rose by any other name...

Would smell as sweet. Now if I could only get mine to grow.


Earlier this summer I was bemoaning the condition of one of my rose bushes. Normally it grows to about 8 feet tall and has lots of sweet smelling pink blossoms. But this year it really was a slow starter. I had actually been contemplating moving this bush for a couple of reasons. The location was poor and the drainage was not so good either. So the other day I made the snap decision to go ahead and transplant this bush.

I'm so glad I did. I replaced an area where I had some perennials with a rose bush on each end and a purple clematis in the middle. I'm looking forward to adding some more soil and bit of mulch to this area but so far I like the clean look.


I checked on it today and things still seem to be thriving. Perhaps I'll have some new buds soon.


Tomorrow we're saying goodbye to dear friends who've been visiting for the past week and I'll be posting a new recipe that was a big hit.

Thanks for stopping by,
Jessica

No comments: