Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Fun Summer Day



My husband and I just spent the last 24 hours caring for our friends' 6 children. Four girls and two boys, ages 5-14. Our home seems so quiet now....all the laughter, squeals and giggles have gone.

We spent most of the day in our little eight foot round swimming pool, interspersed with breakfast, lunch and supper, video clips to be sent to their parents, Adventures in Odyssey online radio program and just all around fun.

Many would say we're crazy going from zero kids to six but for us it was awesome. We enjoyed every minute...and I'm sure to hit the hay a little earlier tonight!

As we said our last good-byes and closed the front door I was reminded of this verse....

Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

I just feel full.

Blessings,
Jessica

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Jessica!!
I think it is great that you guys did that!! What a blessing to your friends, and to those kids, I'm sure!! Not many would take that on ...that's for sure!!

So glad you had a great time, sweetie!!

Hope it's multiplied back to you!!
Blessings and hugs,
Becky

Carla said...

Nothing is a wonderful as a tired full!

Valerie said...

What a lovely post! I stumbled upon your blog from Mrs. Fink's site. Have a wonderful day! :)

Kelli said...

How fun! I know everyone had a wonderful time!
~Kelli