Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just Chatting...

Had a great time tonight......Thanks to some really great deaf people who have decided to be regulars at our church, a few of us 'hearing' folks gathered around with the deaf to learn some signs. Personally, I've already been putting a lot of effort into some online sign language lessons and it was great to be able to put them into practice.

One thing I noticed, me doing the signing is a great deal different than understanding what someone else is signing! I certainly have a greater appreciation for experienced interpreters!

I've got a long way to go, but at least now I know how to ask, "Where is the bathroom?" Some things are just so important!

And if you want a little fun, check out this great fingerspelling tool....http://asl.ms/


Going to rest my fingers now,
Jessica

No comments: