Friday, March 7, 2008

Show & Tell Friday







Welcome to Show & Tell Friday hosted by Kelli at There's No Place Like Home! Because I had company I missed last week but I did find the time to stop by everyone's displays.

This week I couldn't resist bringing out my bunny plant holder that I tole painted a few years ago. On a whim I ordered the design packet (sorry I can't remember the designer's name) and when it arrived my husband cut out the shapes for me to paint. After all the painting was done, he assembled it together and I quickly filled it with some ivy! It really only took a few days to do this whole project. The sides are on a slant and the bottom is open so I can just set in any potted plant without worrying about the wood rotting. What a fun project and I just loved painting the giant furry feet.

This weekend I'm going to try to find a new flowering plant to display in it.





































Hope you enjoyed my Show & Tell! Please leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by.

Blessings,
Jessica

13 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my goodness,....that's adorable. And your choice of ivy is super.

Mine's posted, tho quite eclectic today. Hope you can find time to stop by if you haven't already.

Happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Too cute! There are so many different things you can put in his little pot too!

Blessings,

Gina

I'm sorry to put my url here but it doesn't work in the name/url box

http://www.simplyheartandhome.com/

Constance said...

That's really cute! I know some people say that this is a simple project etc but I KNOW it's beyond my limited abiltities! Thanks for sharing!
Connie

Char said...

That is so cute. Good job. Have a great day.

cherished*vintage said...

Hi Jessica! What a sweet face - it may sound weird, but I could just kiss him! he he I love bunnies. He'd look so cute holding any plant. Your painting is wonderful!
-Karoline

Susan said...

Oh he is precious!!
Susan

Nancy M. said...

cute bunny! I love bunnies.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I always wanted to learn how to tole paint. You could put a number of different things in there -- candy for one, or Easter eggs.

j said...

That is so sweet Jessica! Jennifer

JEWELGIRL said...

The bunny planter is too cute!
You can send over the strawberry
& banana pie it looks fab!

nancy said...

Nice job on the painting. It's a clever little thing.
Nancy

Heather said...

Oh, how cute! And just perfect for Easter. You did a wonderful job on the painting!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm a little late in returning visits, but sure glad I didn't miss your bunny. ;o)

Kelli said...

What a cute little fellow!
Hugs,
Kelli